tara

tara
LA Mayor's Office Acknowledges the NDF's Advocacy with GNEM

Monday, June 4, 2012

Allowing and accepting your suffering

                                             
  After my children’s father, my beloved husband passed away unexpectedly, and later learning that I would become a “disabled person”; I had to dig deep to find the strength to continue living. I have contemplated how I would end my life and hence end my suffering however, where would that have left my 2 year and six year old kids. At that crossroads, which became one of my defining moments I decided to live life with passion. This passion brought me back to a girl of 12 year old where I danced on my parents’ coffee farm in South America. Through dancing on the ‘parapets’ on this farm I have experienced (the 4 M’s) magic, miracle, mystery and the mystical. The 4 M’s as I call them have continued to grace my life, more so as I become more disabled I have incorporated ‘Shantideva’s wisdom into my everyday practice. Shantideva says ”If there is a way to overcome suffering, then there is no need to worry, if there is no way to overcome suffering then there is no no use in worrying”.
                                          It takes some practice in reading this quote.

No comments: