tara

tara
LA Mayor's Office Acknowledges the NDF's Advocacy with GNEM

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Health News Digest Article On My Family's Medical Journey

This is brief article on my family's attempt in getting a definitive diagnosis. I am always thinking of ways we can increase the awareness of gne-myopathy..  In addition to this article, we (gne-myopathy.org) have been contacting doctors, researchers, and organizations worldwide to inform them about gne-myopathy, and requesting them to share a list of gne-myopathy resources with their patients.   I would especially like to thank all the patients, and others who have  helped with the translations of the "signs and symptoms" flyer. These flyers have been very useful to those who have difficulty understanding English.  These flyers can be downloaded from  http://gne-myopathy.org/

(HealthNewsDigest.com) - Imagine you have a very active life as a mother and professional. Then suddenly, inexplicably, something changes. You become weak. Everyday tasks become harder to complete. Moving becomes difficult. Multiple trips to the doctor do not provide immediate answers or solutions. And to make matters even worse, your siblings display the same symptoms. This is my story.

My family's medical journey began more than 40 years ago. Over the course of that time, my siblings and I suffered from the same symptoms. We set up appointments with our physicians and participated in several tests and studies in search of a diagnosis. The question no one could accurately answer: why is this happening?
I

Please refer to the link for the complete article.
http://www.healthnewsdigest.com/news/Research_270/Solving-a-40-Year-Medical-Mystery.shtml

No comments: