tara

tara
LA Mayor's Office Acknowledges the NDF's Advocacy with GNEM

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Los Angeles Marathon and Fund Raising for Gene Therapy Research

On the 17th. March I along with thousands were present in Los Angeles to cheer the marathon runners.  My son, a friend, and runners associated with Advancement for Research Myopathy ran in this race to increase the awareness  and raise funds for the research in gene therapy for HIBM.  A friend and I were at mile 17 to cheer the runners.  I felt quite energized to see people running something my legs are unable to do. I raised $ 1,910 via crowdrise to help with research.  Thanks to all who have contributed and those who would like could still contribute to this worthwhile cause on crowdrise.  Donations are tax deductible.  Here are some images from the event on ARM's face book page.
A few of the runners, Andrew, Sandra and Bryan, who began running for HIBM early this morning. Donate and Support today! @ www.crowdrise.com/runforhibm

https://www.facebook.com/#!/curehibm?fref=ts
    p.s. for patients who would like to join a  private group of others with HIBM, there is a group on facebook that is private and patients share their experiences etc., please contact me if you would like to become part of the group.

    No comments: